Step 1: CREPE MAKER PREPARATION
Before drilling your crepe maker, see the video .
If your crepe maker has concentric circles, it's easy to find and drill the center.
Otherwise, you can use the paper guide
Step 2 : AXIS ADJUSTMENT
Before you start making crepes, you have to adjust the axis to your crepe machine and the hole you have made to it.
The adjustment procedure is the same for the electric and manual model. It concerns the axis, which is the part that creates the crepe.
Do it only once - WATCH THE VIDEO
(steps to follow)
WATCH THE VIDEO
1. Find the right amount of dough you need to make an all- round crepe
Start with less and progressively increase.
It takes about 180ml of dough (for 40cm crepe maker)
2. IMPORTANT: Pout the dough into the center of the circle of crepe machine
Otherwise, the spreading of the dough will not uniformly done so they do not become a complete circle crepe and/or leaked from side.
3. Grab the shaft from the screw-grip with the right hand
--- Rotate the axis smoothly at about 1 turn / second ---
It will take 5-7 turns, depending on the temperature of the crepe machine.
In the first 2 turns the circle of the crepe will be formed. On the rest simply wait for the dough to "dry"
7. DO NOT stop the axis and then lift it from the crepe machine
Try on the last turn to raise the axis with your left hand while still rotating it with the right hand. Thus, you will avoid a mix line that will stay if you stop the movement and then lift the axis.
8. Put the shaft back on its original position grabbing him with two hands
-- BAKE THE CREPE AS YOU ALWAYS DO --
MAKE SURE THAT THE AXIS IS CLEAN BEFORE EACH CREPE
Dough pieces from previous crepes may spoil the next. So have a vettex or a paper cut to clean the axis when it is dirty.
6. With the same hand, grasp the push screw
5. Set the shaft in the hole ... (note the end of the axis to located at the edge of the creper)
4. Raise the shaft obliquely to roll the water